Professor Roger Seheult, MD discusses details from the CDC that answer many COVID 19 vaccine related questions: Who will be the first to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in the United States? What if you've already had a COVID-19 infection? What type of side effects (or reactogenicity) are being reported? Can pregnant women or immunocompromised people get the vaccine? Is it ok to stop wearing a mask after I receive the vaccine? (This video was recorded on December 14, 2020).
Roger Seheult, MD is the co-founder and lead professor at https://www.medcram.com
He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine and an Associate Professor at the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine.
LINKS / REFERENCES:
Johns Hopkins Tracker | https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Worldometer | https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Use of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine: Clinical Considerations (CDC) | https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2020-12/slides-12-12/COVID-03-Mbaeyi.pdf
Find Your Place in the Vaccine Line (New York Times) | https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/03/opinion/covid-19-vaccine-timeline.html
ACIP Evidence to Recommendations for Use of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine under an Emergency Use Authorization (CDC) | https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/recs/grade/covid-19-pfizer-biontech-etr.html
COVID-19 ACIP Vaccine Recommendations (CDC) | https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/acip-recs/vacc-specific/covid-19.html
CDC greenlights advisory group’s decision to recommend Pfizer vaccine for use (Washington Post) | https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/12/covid-vaccine-cdc-approval/
THE MEDCRAM WEBSITE:
Visit us for videos on over 60 medical topics and CME / CEs for medical professionals: https://www.medcram.com
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MEDCRAM YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Get notified of new videos by hitting the bell icon:
RECENT PREVIOUS COVID-19 UPDATES:
Please visit MedCram.com for the full series:
- Vitamin D and COVID 19: The Evidence for Prevention and Treatment of Coronavirus (SARS CoV 2) https://youtu.be/ha2mLz-Xdpg
- Coronavirus Update 118: AstraZeneca DNA COVID 19 Vaccine Explained (vs. Pfizer / BioNTech, Moderna) https://youtu.be/GOq8-FR8s1E
- Coronavirus Update 117: Moderna vs. Pfizer COVID 19 Vaccine (mRNA vaccines) https://youtu.be/eZvsqBCvB00
- Coronavirus Update 116: Pfizer COVID 19 Vaccine Explained (Biontech) https://youtu.be/_jwBxZMWrng
- Coronavirus Update 115: Convalescent Plasma vs Monoclonal Antibodies for COVID 19 Treatment https://youtu.be/Ge8T4fzrWnU
- Coronavirus Update 114: COVID 19 Death Rate Drops; NAC (N acetylcysteine) Data https://youtu.be/eQO1PB8-xtg
- Coronavirus Update 113: Remdesivir May Not Work for COVID 19 https://youtu.be/mUdQpFyF2G8
- Coronavirus Update 112: Linoleic Acid; Vaccines; UK COVID 19 Data https://youtu.be/VB06uVA97zI
- Coronavirus Update 111: Masks; New Vitamin D Data and COVID 19; NAC https://youtu.be/UzGKqujdTQ8
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 110: Trump's Risk Factors and COVID-19 Prognosis; Interferon https://youtu.be/Rko2xGmPn04
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 109: New Data From Europe As COVID 19 Infections Rise https://youtu.be/rCH36Cckebg
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 108: High Risk COVID 19 Behaviors; Cases Rise in Europe https://youtu.be/2wJdB5tTKeg
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 107: Monoclonal Antibodies for COVID 19 Treatment and Prevention? https://youtu.be/wvaLyxp8jhM
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com (including monoclonal antibody treatment vs convalescent plasma treatment, COVID vaccine, mRNA vaccine, COVID 19 prevention, Pfizer vaccine and Moderna vaccines, Biontech, AstraZeneca Oxford coronavirus vaccine, COVID 19 treatments, COVID-19 vaccine updates, and more).
We offer over 60 medical topics (ECG Interpretation, DKA, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) on our website.
MEDCRAM WORKS WITH MEDICAL PROGRAMS AND HOSPITALS:
MedCram offers group discounts for students and a variety of medical programs, hospitals, and other institutions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Media Contact: email@example.com
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
Video Produced by Kyle Allred
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.